Thursday, February 6, 2014

view from afar

I first saw you a year ago. You were silent, shy. You barely smiled. And as much as i tried to catch your attention, you never responded. And so i conceded. But i know i find myself still giving you a second look every time you pass by.

Mystery and fate it may seem, when at my lowest times, i find you staring at me and smiling. Eventually, talking to each other. Ranting. Telling and listening to stories. Laughing a lot over dinner. You were a breath a fresh air, which i so badly needed at the time when i was choking.

You kept me afloat, without you knowing it. You saved me from drowning in my misery. And i will forever be grateful for you being my strength.

And now, as i try to stand on my own, i still see you. But this time, i watch from afar. Maybe, in my silence, you will also give me a second look.

7 february 2014

----------o0o----------

There is an innocence in admiration: it occurs in one who has not yet realized that they might one day be admired.

No comments:

Post a Comment