Thursday, May 3, 2012

surrender


My day started as if I’m in a different environment.  For just one day, I tried to forget that I’m a medical student.  Today, I came to UP med feeling a different sense of confidence.  For just a day, I broke away from the drab of the white uniform and went along with my artistic, innovative costumes for today’s performance.  Yes, for just this time.  I became someone else.

http://infoabounds.com
What was funny about being someone else is that I seemed to like the identity.  With no one knowing me except myself and the scriptwriter, I entered a new world of the unknown.  I left every captivated audience in awe, guessing every act as it came to happen before their eyes.  I had my choice of reaction, making every move a major performance and every sentence, a cliché.  There’s no point in explaining it.

I don’t have control.  I had my life in paper, and my face in film.  I had my mind rolled into one piece of machine that will tell me when to eat and when to sleep.  Every act was pre-shot.  Decisions were made first hand and everything else were but memorized verses from the written work.

How simple life would have been.  Sometimes, I’d like to believe that the world is really a stage, and people are merely actors in this great theatrical production we call life. 

I sometimes wish that life is a pre-paid card.  All you have to do is call to know when you’ll run out of credits.  And if you’d like to continue, you can load another one anytime.  How simple life would have been, if choices were as uncomplicated as memorization or putting on a mask without any brain work needed to even think of an identity.  Pre-planned, pre-written, pre-made that makes showbiz a bliss.

For once, I was allowed to forget thinking and allow another entity to move me the way he chose to be.

Nope.  I’m not in control.

Yup.  I’m proud of it.

25 September 2003

---------------------------o0o---------------------
“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” 
― Oscar Wilde

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” 

― George R.R. MartinA Game of Thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment